Saturday, January 31, 2009

Weekly Check-in for January 30, 2009

It was a very busy week. As I will explain below. Also check out the posts following this for pictures of our lapbooks.

Friday--We watched the Movie An American Girl: Chrissa Stands Strong.

1st grade

Phonics--Rod and Staff Reading Lessons 7 & 8
Math--addition within 6, we did work in both Singapore PM 1a and Rod and Staff
Lapbook--Ladybugs

I spent a great deal of time this week working on a Spell to Write and Read phonogram and spelling rule reference lapbook as well as coordinating Rod and Staff Math 1 and Singapore Math PM 1a.

My youngest needs lots of drill and review in her math so we will be introducing topics with Singapore math, practicing and drilling them with Rod and Staff and then finishing them off with Singapore.

3rd grade

Story of the World--Pilgrim and Dutch colonies
Latin--finished off lesson 1 of Lively Latin. Lots of work with derivative and history stories this week.

Math--multiplication and division with 6 review in the Extra Practice book.
Lapbook--Rabbits

The public school only had school on Monday this week so I did not have day care children for the bulk of the week.

Friday:

We discussed bullying, what you should do, why not to bully, what it is, etc. And then the children made posters and showed them to the other children. We also sang songs in preparation for our upcoming trip to the nursing homes. They loved doing this so much at Christmas that we are going again.

Hope you had a great week. When I get the SWR reference lapbook up, I will post pictures of what I did and provide links and information on what I used.

4 comments:

Kristiana said...

I love the lapbooks! We haven't made any forever. My oldest used to love stuff like that.

It looks like a good week for you!

Kristiana said...

I love the lapbooks! We haven't made any forever. My oldest used to love stuff like that.

It looks like a good week for you!

Robin of My Two Blessings said...

The lapbooks are so cool - we never do them. Maybe we should give it a try. Looks like a great week. Hope the next is just as good.

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks for stopping by. We really enjoy making the lapbooks but we also enjoy looking at them again and again and continuing the learning experience.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails