Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Schoolhouse Planner

As most of you know, I like to use notebook paper to do my planning because I can lug it around, easily erase it, throw it away and easily put it into a binder. I can also make it fit the needs our our homeschool. But I can not share it with others easily. When I tried to take pictures of my planner and post them, they did not turn out. When I try to type it up into a post it is too long.

So I recently received a copy of the Schoolhouse Planner and am taking it for a test run. These are my observations:

It is a 2008 to 2009 school year calendar so to use the calendar pages I would have to buy a new one every year. Good for TOS but bad for my pocketbook.

It has nice recipes to go with each month. I can print them out and add them to my recipe binder.

There are quite a few charts listed for each month including: timeline of inventions, famous composers, countries & capitals, kitchen & measurement conversions, periodic table, U.S. States & capitals, Presidents & wives, history timeline, 7 wonders of the ancient & the modern world, famous artists and important U.S. documents. These are really a nice resource and it is worth owning this planner to be able to print these off for future reference.

There also a ton of forms for both homeschool and household use. What is nice about these forms and the calendar is that this pdf file is set up so that you can type in your own information on these forms, save it and print it out.

What forms are included? Everything you could imagine. There are forms for goal-setting for the year, month, week, day and full course of study, grading and evaluation, curriculum research, progress reports and forms to log in memory work, field trips, crafts, books, etc.

For the household there are forms for contacts, housekeeping, budgeting, etc.

There is a wealth of resources in this planner. My only problems are that the file is very large and takes a lot of time to download and the calendar is only for one year so I would have to purchase it again. Hopefully, The Old Schoolhouse will come up with a file for just the calendar pages to purchase at a discounted price each year.

I would have to say that this is a product worth owning if just for all the forms and charts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails