Friday, February 22, 2008

Third Week of February

Friday--This was a hectic day for us. I had to be up early to take my husband in for a shoulder manipulation, settle him back in at home and then be the sole host for our Friday Enrichment Club because my co-host had that bad flu. It went well. My husband has most of his motion back and the kids were good.

Monday to Thursday--the school week was good with little interruption.

Rhythmic drill--counting and multiplication tables for 1, 2, 3 and 5's

Mathematics Exploration--my youngest explore "how many more?" and my oldest worked on problems from the Singapore Math text with rods and large numbers.

Phonics--We learned the sounds of "oy" and "oi." Reviewed the sounds of all the previous phonograms with my new binder that I made up of all my phonogram pictures.

Story--the story this week was Aesop's "The Dog and the Oyster."

Math--my youngest worked on earlybird math doing "how many more?" pages and my oldest worked on addition and subtraction with regrouping problems.

Composition--My oldest wrote her version of the story for the week. It was very cute.

Latin--We began chapter 2 of Minimus and learned all about what a dinner party would be like in Roman times.

My Pals are Here Science--We read about matter and mass.

We also did copywork and form drawing as usual.

On Thursday we had a playdate and it was a lot of fun.

I hope everyone else has had a great week as well.

7 comments:

Michele said...

Congratulation! Sounds like you had a great week.

Michele

Daisy said...

Sounds like a nice week!

Lori Carr said...

Sounds like a great fun week!:)

my5wolfcubs said...

My K'er just finished Earlybird 1A -- lots of splashy measuring of water! :)
I just requested Pelle's New Suit & Peter in Blueberry Land from the library, thanks again for the recommendations!
Lee

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

I really like those Earlybird books--so much fun. And I hope you like the Elsa Beskow books they are so pretty and imaginative.

LisaWA said...

So sorry to hear about your hubby.

How is the Waldofr method working for ya? Is sure seems like a great fit..... That has to feel good!

Lisa

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks for asking. We are really doing more of a Waldorf twist on LCC. It is really a lot of fun and we are making a lot of progress.

We are a lot happier now and have really found a nice comfort level.

Thanks for stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails