Thursday, February 7, 2008

Form Drawing for Beginners

This book is published by Christopherus Homeschool and is a part of the Prqactical Waldorf at Home series. It is written by Donna Simmons.

I just have to say that after all the articles and books and resources that I have looked at on form drawing that this is probably one of the best. This book is supposed to be for first to third grade but can also be used for the child who needs to do form drawing but has never been exposed.

It starts with simple curved and straight lines and moves into running forms. There are beautiful mirrored and crossing the midline forms for second and third grade. It follows a nice easy progression.

If you are looking for a place to start with form drawing than this is it.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I love, love, love this book! My first grade daughter really struggled with form drawing until we found this.

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks for stopping by. I've looked at a number of articles and books and I like how this one goes from easy to more complex.

Dawne said...

Looks like a very fun month of school. Your such a great 'teacher-mom'. :)

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks. I've missed you on the boards lately.

Thanks for dropping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails