Thursday, February 7, 2008

February Fun Week






This week we took a free week to do some fun school. My youngest daughter and I put together a lapbook on opposites. I forget where I found these cute little cut-outs of opposite words and pictures but they are made so that you glue one to the top of the other to make a little book.
My oldest daughter and I learned all about snow with the Hands of a Child Lapbook "All About Snow." Since we have no snow right now we did not do all the activities but did those where we could read about snow and write up the little books. My daughter also spent a lot of time cutting out paper snowflakes.
It was a fun laid-back week. And we are ready to start a new unit in February.

10 comments:

Miss Spider said...

I love the opposites lapbook - my dd would love that! You're sure you don't remember where you found it? :0)

CloseAcademy said...

I think I found it at kidzclub.com but I can't get that site to come up now or I would search for the page. There was 9 pages of opposites that I printed out and 3 pairs on each page.

It was fun. Glad you could stop by.

Wee Pip said...

Your "school" looks wonderful:) You have a nice ecclectic mix. I love the lapbooks - what fun! Your plans for February sound good.

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks for stopping by. The books were a lot of fun to make and we are really enjoying school now that I am listening to my children rather than chasing down curriculums and methods.

Thanks.

Rhonda@LivingWaterChristianAcademy said...

I love that lapbook. That adds so much fun to learning. We have been adding some lapbook fun into our school. You seem to have a fun homeschool. Thanks for sharing.
~Have a blessed day.
~Rhonda

LisaWA said...

Hi! Ive been gone way to long! I love the lap book.... The folds are really cute *Ü*

Lisa

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks for coming back. I had wondered since you post so much but then the new WTM boards are a real distraction for us all right now. Lol.

Tina said...

Very cute lapbooks. Please tell them that someone in WA thinks they are just adorable. :o)

~Tina

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks. They were fun to make and I will tell my girls that you said so.

Thanks for stopping by.

Michelle said...

I love the lapbook! It looks great! And the opposites one looks good too...I made a couple of file folder games when my oldest was pre-k age, and he really enjoyed them.

Here's to another great week! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails