Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Holiday Update

We took three weeks off this year for the holidays. We usually work up to Christmas on projects and stories related to the season and then pick up again immediately after the holidays. This year we decided to just take a break and enjoy ourselves.

It has been a wonderful productive time. We spent a lot of time baking and playing together. I also spent time working on our curriculum for the next month and have been involved in a large project which I hope to tell you more about in the upcoming weeks.

I have decided that my Ker will not start 1st grade until she shows signs of readiness and am ready to go with it anytime between September and January of next year. So we may have another year of Kindergarten work ahead of us.

I spent time putting together a circle time to make our days more fun. I had collected a ton of verses, songs and finger plays when my oldest was in Kindergarten. I tried out the circle on my oldest and she loves it. She thinks it will be a lot of fun.

As some of you may know, a while back I put together schedules for Singapore Science 3a and 3b and put them up on Lulu.com to download. I have now added a list of Grimm's fairy tales arranged by letter, number and color. These stories are perfect for First Grade letter and number introduction. You can find this download here: http://www.lulu.com/content/1751999

Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails