Saturday, October 27, 2007

Weekly Review

Friday--We went to the library and to the park to play with the homeschool playgroup. Time was spent collecting leaves and the moms talked unschooling.

Monday to Thursday this week was a normal week.

2nd grade:

Copywork from KISS
Singapore Math was all about graphs.
KISS Lessons 8 and 9--our last week of subject and verbs. We are adding complements next week.
Easy Grammar 10 and 11
We read all about the Bunnies and the slide they built.
McCall-Harby Test Lesson #7 was a 100%
In SWR we worked on vowel sounds
Science included sorting our leaves into baggies by type.

Kindergarten:

Earlybird math was all about story order.
Rod and Staff Reading Unit 1 Lesson 4
Copywork was letters of the alphabet
Speech was the sound of "D" in the at the beginning and in the middle of words.

The week was finished off with a sleepover on Thursday night which included the Library's Halloween party. My oldest was a bunny (I made the costume myself) and my youngest was the Little Mermaid. The girls got to spend Friday with their friend while my husband had shoulder surgery which turned out to be more serious than we thought.

So for the next month my husband is not allowed to move his right shoulder due to a slap tear that was repaired. I get to drive him to and from work. Luckily this next week is scheduled as a light week where we are working on a harvest lapbook and my oldest daughter is mounting her leaf collection. Pray for us and that my husband's shoulder heals well.

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Lh said...

Praying for your DH . . .

Your week looks good! Thurs/Fri, a nice transition into a lite week next week too :-)

Drew said...

Praying your husband's shoulder heals quickly and well!

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks for your prayers and for stopping by. We are dropping down to the basics.

Jennefer said...

Hi! I loved your weekly report and I am glad to find other TOG people. We are just now in first grade but we are looking to start in 2 to 3 years. I am learning all I can in the meantime! :)

I hope your husband's shoulder heals well.

Blessings,
Jennefer

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks for stopping by. We really like TOG.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails