Friday, September 7, 2007

Visual Spatial Learners and Visual Teaching

I don't know if you noticed but I just added a whole list of links on Graphic Organizers. These are great for visually organizing information so that you can see what you want to write or what you are wanting to learn on one sheet of paper with all the fluff cut out.

This year we plan on using these for writing but they can be used for math, science, history and other subjects as well. We also invested in Dinah Zike's Big Book of Math which has lots of great ideas on how to present math visually to help your student understand and play with the concepts.

We plan on making a lapbook to go along with Singapore 3a/b this year as a way to go over information or look back to see the process of how things are done. When we are finished we will post pictures.

But for now check out the graphic organizer links. There are a lot of great sites that have them for free including one that has some neat ones already filled out for you.

2 comments:

Trivium Academy said...

You KNOW I'll be checking the links out, I just ordered Janice Van Cleave's Math for Every Kid from Bookcloseouts.com, I think it was $4 or something like that. It seems every homeschool has struggles with math once the drills start happening, but I am looking for more creative ways to teach (as always!)

:) Jessica

CloseAcademy said...

I'm in the process of transferring all my helpful links. I have a friend who freeschools and shares her finds with me.

But it sounds like you got a great deal on the Van Cleave's book. Thanks for stopping by. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails