Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Planning Next Year

My copy of Story of the World 2 Activity Guide just arrived. I am awaiting my copy of Story of the World 2 as well as Peril and Peace. I am in the midst of planning our next year of history.

This is a huge project for me. I started with scheduling the history readings over the next year doing a chapter a week and a section a day.

After this, I began the process of creating my library list cards for weekly visits. I use index cards to write down the names and place in the library of the books that my library has on hand that match up with each chapter. To do this I search my library's online database. This really helps make the library a quick trip and gives us extra insight into the stories and events we read about in Story of the World.

Also, I began the process of choosing projects. First, I went through the activity guide and picked out the projects that would be appropriate for my girls to do and matched them and the coloring and map pages up with readings. Next, I checked out more activity books from the library to find filler crafts for days that didn't have projects and just other neat stuff we could do.

I am in the process of writing the directions for these projects on index cards and putting them in order of how we want to do them so that it is easy to make my shopping lists and put our kits together.

It has been a lot of fun and I expect this year to be enjoyable.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails